Saturday 28 July 2018

HARTBEAT

Recently, my hubby had to be away from home and I can vouch, that the saying absence makes the heart grow fonder, is true.

As hubby drove of in the very early morning hours.

 I experienced ambivalent feelings.

On the one hand I looked forward to having a little less responsibility,
more ME time.

On the other hand feelings of emptiness, loneliness even a little anxiety crept up on me.
 Part of me was gone.

I did what  I always do when I ignore my feelings, keep myself busy  with house chores, my daughter etc.

But ,when  I  lay in the dark, tucked away in our Queen sized bed. The distance  felt like an eternity between us.

Twenty-three Years together has passed in a wink of in eye.  All the differences, screaming  matches and icy-withdrawals, were insignificant.

I love his quiet strength. Dependability.  Faith .Pride in his family. Humour. Playfulness and many more.


Most of all, I love, that he is a living, breathing part of me . 

Something I miss when it's gone.  Someone who completes me.   Someone I would like to discover more of in the next 23 years              

No comments:

Post a Comment