Friday 21 September 2018

THE ODDNESS IN ME

💕"When I was small and Christmas trees were tall..... 

" .....Now we are tall and Christmas trees as small.(copy write to The Bee Gees 1969)

These lyrics of the song popped up in my head when I decided to continue my story, thinking about my younger years. My gosh! time really flies.  Seems to go faster the older you get.😉
 
So, when I was small my physical challenge was a constant reminder that I was different from other children.
 
At age 4-6, I had to crawl to get from A-B. As time past, I made use of crutches and later wheelchairs to get mobile.



My school choices were limited, due to accessibility and the fact that I needed special Therapies.

In my years, I needed to undergo several operations.  Which took huge chunks of time out of my life.  Two to three weeks in hospital and then up to eight weeks Intensive physiotherapy, to get me mobile again.

My intentions with writing the above, is not at all to make you depressed, or to make you feel sorry for me.  That's the last thing I would want is your pity!  For pity paralyses.

What I'm trying to bring across is that life is difficult and tough at times for all of us.

We all have burdens or challenges to carry. Some more obvious and in your face then others. Some are externally observable and some we hide internally, where no one can see.

But we all feel like the odd one out! Truth is the person next to you, whom you think has got it all together, has his or her own challenges to bear.

What am I getting at? We are all unique. With our own challenges and difficulties.  This makes us different, odd, or unique.

Let's cultivate more compassion for the oddness in all of us instead of fear.
 
Oddness draws attention and if we do not fear and run from it, we might discover a jewel of a person behind it.  we might have an opportunity to a life long relationship. An opportunity to grow in character. Oddness makes us unique. It's not necessary a bad thing.



Share your thoughts in the comment box!


ME MUM AND I 💕




































No comments:

Post a Comment